Friday, March 22, 2013

Vistalizator -- Easy way to change display language in Win7

Warning: Do NOT use Vistalizator to change your display language. I have encountered something annoying and decided to restore my system. I will post some screenshots of the applications in my Win7 which were affected by  Vistalizator.

For the problems cause by Vistalizator in my Win7, see this post.

My Win7 was installed by a MIS colleague and by default he installed it in Traditional Chinese. I prefer working with my PC in English environment. One reason is that I could more easily know the English keywords when googling if I encounter some problems with my system.

As shown in the following figure, I found my system (Win7 Professional) has no ``Display Language'' panel in the Region and Language settings.


I clicked ``How can I install additional languages?'' link and the Help information told me:
The Display language section will be visible only if you have already installed a Language Interface Pack or if your edition of Windows supports a language pack. Language packs are available only in Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 7 Enterprise.
Okay. So I guessed I cannot change the display language by installing additional language package in my Win7 Professional.
Luckily, I found Vistalizator do the work for me.
Just go to Vistalizator's web site and download it (this link will open the download of the binary file). Also, download the language packs you need. To add the new language packs, just follow the step by step guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment