Saturday, September 19, 2009

[SW] Debian installation

I have been planning to learn LFS for several weeks. Before dive into LFS, I need a PC with a host system installed. Fortunately, I got a (not very old) PC of the lab from where I graduated. Then I decided to chose Debian as the host system. The reason is that I want to try something new but meanwhile I don't want to go too far away from the path of Ubuntu. By using Debian, in my guess, I could benefit from what I've learnt in Ubuntu. So, I downloaded the image to be burned into the DVD then installed it.

(Actually, I've made a bootable USB stick with the image file, but the BIOS of the PC didn't support this kind of booting... :-p)

The installation was smooth and then I have a PC with Debian installed. It looks great, and I am typing this post with it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment