Thursday, May 05, 2011

[talk] Thanks to You

I attended a class about how to write English emails yesterday. At the end of the class, the lecturer asked us to write an email for exercise. Below is what I wrote. A personal thank to you who have contributed to the open source community.

Dear Mr. and Ms. Hackers,

I am writing to thank you for your great and amazing works
to the open source community.

With so many brilliant tools you've created and kindly released,
many end-users, including me, are allowed to do more useful
things with free [of] charge and, more important[ly], with the freedom
to choose software.

Furthermore, I've learnt about many interesting and useful skills from
the source code released by you.
That's great and I hope I could be capable of contributing back to the
community in the future.
Thank you all for your great works.

Sincerely yours,


THK

No comments:

Post a Comment