Good examples have been given in ``ImageMagick v6 Examples -- Montage, Arrays of Images,'' and the following is my own test with some notes.
Now I have four pictures:
$ montage *_* -geometry 120x120 tile01.png
$ montage *_* -geometry 120x120+5+5 tile02.png
montage *_* -tile 1x4 -geometry 120x120 tile03.png
montage *_* -tile 4x1 -geometry 120x120 tile04.png
- The ``*_*'' is the regexp shorthand of the original files to be combined.
- The final term of the command is the file name of output.
- The 120x120 option resizes the output
- The +5+5 option add gaps between each picture in x then y directions.
- If only one value is given (+5, for example), then only the x gap is set.
- Montage arrange the output in array automatically, but you can change it by the -tile option.