Monday, October 26, 2009

[SW] Learning Lsip using Vim as the editor

I prefer Vim over Emacs. One day, I happened to be curious about Lisp, and then found the page ``Practical Common Lisp.'' The so-called ``programming environment'' confused me. Furthermore, Emacs seems to be the standard (or mainstream) editor/environment for the Lisp programming.

I've set the Emacs and SLIME for a try, but it's not easy for me to remember the key stroking in Emacs. So I also found some approaches to let me learning Lisp with my beloved Vim.

The first approach I found was: slime.vim, but I do neither understand the script nor the steps. After trying and trying, I gave it up.

The second approach is to install the Limp, a plugin for Vim. It does not work identically to what has shown on the web page, but it seems not bad and simple enough for me.

---
(Maybe my problems are due to my poor understanding of how Lisp works.)

No comments:

Post a Comment