Friday, July 18, 2014

How to install the Guest Additions for CrunchBang in VirtualBox of Windows 7

After my installation of CrunchBang in VirtualBox, some functions such as ``Auto-resize Guest Display'' and ``Shared Clipboard'' were not available.

The key is to install the ``Guest Additions''.

I tried some instructions found on Web and the steps are listed as follows:

To install the following packages

This was simple, just install them:
apt-get install dkms build-essential linux-headers-generic

To  mount the Guest Additions image

Actually this confused me and I'm not sure about every details. Here I just write down what I've done for your reference.

The first thing I did was to insert the VBoxGuestAdditions.iso image via the GUI (I've selected the iso file before, so it appeared in the list automatically):

Then click the ``Insert Guest Additions CD image...'' or use the following command to mount the image:
mount /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom
Now we can find the ``VBoxLinuxAdditions.run'' script and run it:



And the Guest Additions should be installed. :-)

---
Refs:
More details could be found here: HOWTO: Install Linux Guest Additions + Xorg config
and here: http://superuser.com/a/261862

No comments:

Post a Comment