Thursday, March 25, 2010

[QnA] Add cls or sty files for LaTeX

We always use certain packages in the latex files, and sometimes the packages are just not there so we need to add them for further working. It's was a big problem for me when I knew very few about the working principle of LaTeX. Now I think I have got a simple and clear process to add packages, that is, *.cls or *.sty, for LaTeX. Here is an example in which I added a so-called exam package for preparing exam papers.

  • Step 1. Search for the exam package and download it from CTAN, and then of course unzip it.
  • Step 2. Make a directory for adding the exam package. In my Ubuntu system, it is:
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/exam/
  • Step 3. Copy all the files of the downloaded and unzipped exam package to the directory we just made.
  • Step 4. Run the texhash command as root. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment